Sunday, February 1, 2009

Valentines for kids

So I have been having withdrawls from my lack of doing anything crafty lately. Between the packing, moving, unpacking, working, kids, house stuff, and being 7 months pregnant life is alittle nuts. So this week I told the boxes that I was taking a break, and needed a "Crafty Afternoon." So after Trestin layed down for a nap, we worked on the kids' Valentines. Garrick had gotten his class list for his V-day party on the 13th, so we got a head start. And of course Aleksia wants to send some too, so here is what we came up with;
Garrick wrote on his foam tags, taped a candy to it, and then punched hole in it and attached a pencil. Here is two of them for his "best friends," Meghan and Sam!

Aleksia making her's for Grandmas & Grandpas, friends, and a couple cousins. She can write "ALE" then we have to finish the "ksia."

Here is another idea (from Family Fun Magazine, so I can't take credit for it) that we made. I finally found a heart mold, so I was able to make these this year. We are going to make them as one of our Valentine Crafts for my "Activity Day Girls" activity next week (I'm in charge of bi-monthly activity for the 8-11 year old girls at church). Here is what we did;


After removing the wrapper, the kids broke each crayon into four pieces, the had fun "mixing them up" after each crayon they put in.


I was finally able to find a mold, at Michael's. The kids put about six crayon pieces in each heart. These I did to kinda coordinate colors. The kids' where all sorts of colors, and turned out cute too.




The "recipe" said to bake them at 250 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Well I bought the cheep crayons, and they took a lot longer. So I ended up having to bake ours at 350 degrees for 15 minutes (basically cook it till they melt). When I took them out, it looked black. But after they cooled, the back still looked like a brownish/black, but the fronts looked cute! Then we glued them to a circle we cut out using a cup as a template, and wrote on the front "You color my World" and on the back "To & From." then taped the heart on. Then the crayon can be removed easily and used. Enjoy!


















4 comments:

NicKim Family said...

Oh gosh I love it! You are so amazing!! Seriously, how do you do it all? What a good idea maybe I'll have to get one of those molds.

Natalie said...

Okay. I am finally going to keep up with this blog and if I ever make anything crafty I will put it on here! Great idea Danielle for a blog-sorry I am so late getting here and thanks for all the great ideas!

MUSA77 said...

You affliction to action your at ancient saw starting at this point. Payday advances may acquire every one of the aliment of adeptness arresting in the abridge run and you may get minute adeptness and affiliated a breaker ashamed you acknowledge that arrangement or see it in for arctic adamantine banknote your money accompanying change about over the able acclimation it is a hunt that credible can't win. auto title loans chicago

Unknown said...

The Small Business Administration offers low cost business loans to the small business community to spark growth, business start-ups, and international commerce. The new $30 billion small business bill expresses that SBA loans will be easier to acquire by small business borrowers with lower fees and larger guarantees. Check Cashing